If your young skier or snowboarder is age 4-17 and excited about the upcoming winter season, Snowbowl’s Snowburners program is their gateway to learning or improving their skiing and riding skills. Snowburners 8-week participants meet once a week for 8 weeks, January–March on your choice of Mondays, Thursdays, Saturdays, or Sundays. Students must be of age by January 1, 2018. Space is limited and classes are filled first-come, first-served. With our no-interest payment plan, parents can register today and have until December 30, 2017 to pay for the program.
$299 (for the full-day program) and $249 (for the ½ day program)
Class Dates & Times
Full Days: Class begins at 9:00 a.m. | Pick up is at 4:00 p.m.
Half Days (A.M.): Class begins at 9:00 a.m. | Pick up is at noon
Half Days (P.M.): Class begins at 1:00 p.m. | Pick up is at 4:00 p.m.
Saturdays 2018 (ages 4-17): Jan. 6, 20, 27; Feb. 3, 10, 24; Mar. 3, 10
Sundays 2018 (ages 4-17): Jan. 7, 21, 28; Feb. 4, 11, 25; Mar. 4, 11
Mondays 2018 (ages 4-7 only): Jan. 8, 22, 29; Feb. 5, 12, 26; Mar. 5, 12
Thursdays 2018 (ages 4-7 only): Jan. 11, 18, 25; Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22; Mar. 1
No classes will be held on MLK Weekend January 13-15, and President’s Day Weekend February 17-19.
Read this Mom’s Take on Snowburners blog post to learn why she and her kids love this program.
- ½ Day or Full Day available
- FREE Season Pass upon Graduation (valid for remainder of 2017/18 Season)
- ½ OFF Lift Tickets for participants on class days
- ½ OFF Rentals for participants on class days
- FREE hot chocolate for participants
- No-Interest payment plan option
- All participants are required to have proper equipment (waterproof pants, waterproof gloves, sunscreen, eye protection such as goggles on cold days and sunglasses for warmer, sunny days) and layers of clothing for inclement and changing weather conditions. Helmets are required. Children are required to have snacks, a lunch or enough money for lunch. Provided allergy, medical condition, and emergency contact information.
- All participants must have a season pass or lift ticket. Please make sure your child has an attached season pass, lift ticket or 7 and Younger Convenience Pass before dropping him/her off.
- Children ages 4-7 ski and snowboard for FREE at Snowbowl with a free 7 and Younger Lift Ticket. You may also purchase a 7 and Younger Convenience Pass for $29. Contact the Arizona Snowbowl Reservation Center at (928) 779-1951 for information about lift tickets and season passes.
- Fully functional and proper sized equipment is required. All ski equipment must have current DIN bindings, metal edges, and brakes. Non-DIN bindings are not acceptable. All snowboards must have bindings, metal edges, a P-tex base and a safety leash. Please use snowboard boots rather than winter boots.
- All young children must be “toilet trained” and willing to participate.
- We make every effort to keep the same instructor with their group for each session, but we cannot guarantee it.
- A minimum enrollment of 4 students in the same discipline with the same ability level is required in order for us to form a class.
- Signing a Release of Liability is included as part of the online registration process. If for some reason parents do not register online, they must sign a Release of Liability form at check-in for each child in order for them to participate in the program.
- There are no refunds or make-up days for missed sessions.
- Participants will be placed in a class based on their ability, not on the level of terrain on which they have previously skied or ridden. On the first day, after verbally assessing each child, staff will place the children into specific groups. Each group will then be assessed on-snow. Adjustments will be made at this time. Do not misrepresent her/his age or ability as this undermines the class, the coach and, most importantly, does a disservice to your child.
Where Classes Meet
- All classes will meet near Hart Prairie Lodge at the base of Hart Prairie Quad lift between 8:45 and 9:00 a.m.
- On the first day please arrive with your child 30 minutes early.
- No classes will be held on MLK Weekend January 13-15, and President’s Day Weekend February 17-19.
Signing a Release of Liability is included as part of the online registration process. If for some reason parents do not register online, they must sign a Release of Liability form at check-in for each child in order for them to participate in the program.
Requests to cancel your child’s class that are made at least 14 days prior to the start of the program will receive a full refund. Requests made within 14 days prior to the first class will receive a 50% refund. Requests to cancel made on or after the first class will not receive a refund. Cancellations and refunds must be made at the Ski & Ride School Reservation Desk or by calling (928) 779-1951.
- There are no refunds or make-up days for missed classes.
- Skiing and snowboarding are outdoor sports. The weather can involve changes to roads, parking, slopes, lift and resort operations due to freezing temperatures, wind, and strong precipitation. Please plan accordingly, including but not limited to lesson arrival time, protective clothing choice and understanding that each day can require adjustment to schedules and protective clothing, as weather changes.
- Chains and 4-wheel drive may be required.
- Do not bring your child to Snowburners if she/he is sick. She/he could make the coach and other participants sick, too.
- If your child has special medical needs, write instructions on your registration form and notify your coach on the first day.
- There are no make-up days in Snowburners. If your child is unable to make it on a specific day we cannot switch him to a different class because it disrupts the class dynamic.
What to Bring
- Clothing and gear appropriate for conditions: neck gaiter, goggles, only one pair of socks, snow pants, and non-fleece mittens or gloves.
- Helmets are required.
- Snacks, lip balm, sunblock, hand warmers on cold days.
- Apply sunscreen and take your child to the bathroom before class.