Whether it’s your first time to the mountains or you’ve skied many times before, follow this guide to get out on the slopes and enjoying the snow faster than ever!
Plan Ahead & Arrive Early
Road conditions may fluctuate during or after snowstorms and additional traffic may exist on Snowbowl Road. Chains or 4WD may be required on the date of your arrival. Check out our Snow Report and Twitter for updates on terrain, lift status, and road conditions.
Where Do I Get My Reloadable Snowbowl Card?
Upon arrival, you may pick up your reloadable Snowbowl Card from our ticket window at Hart Prairie Lodge or Agassiz Sport Shop.
How To Activate Your Snowbowl Card
- Open your confirmation email and click “Activate Now”.
- Follow the prompts and enter in your card number.
- That’s it! Hold onto your card for the remainder of the season and enjoy straight-to-lift access all season long.
What Kind Of Gear Do I Need?
Weather can change quickly at high elevations and it’s important to be prepared for rapidly changing conditions.
We recommend dressing in layers so that you can add or subtract layers as temperatures change.
Snowbowl’s high elevation also amplifies the impact of the sun. You’ll want to wear sunscreen and lip balm and pack a pair of sunglasses or ski goggles, which will also help reduce the glare of the white snowpack.
How Do I Rent Skis or Snowboards?
Renting skis and snowboards can be done online and in advance to ensure you get out on the slopes faster than ever. When you arrive at Snowbowl, head to Rentals at Hart Prairie Lodge and begin by showing a team member your confirmation email so they may be able to get you equipped with the gear that best suits your needs.
Rent Premium Apparel and Gear with Arrive
If you need ski clothes and accessories but don’t want to commit to buying, check out our official partner Arrive to rent premium gear and get it delivered straight to your door or destination.
Skiing and Snowboarding sure can work up an appetite and lucky for you Snowbowl has dining options all over the mountain to meet your dining and après ski needs.
Skip the lines and order food online while you’re still out on the slopes.
- Visit snowbowl.ski/eat
- Select the lodge you’d like to visit
- Choose pick-up and you’ll be notified when you’re food is ready
Know Your Responsibility Code
As a skier at Arizona Snowbowl, you are responsible for upholding Your Responsibility Code at all times on the mountain. Your Responsibility Code is provided by the National Ski Areas Association and is to be followed by all skiers and snowboarders.
- Always stay in control.
- People ahead or downhill of you have the right-of-way.
- Stop only where you are visible from above and do not restrict traffic.
- Look uphill and avoid others before starting downhill or entering a trail.
- You must prevent runaway equipment.
- Read and obey all signs, warnings, and hazard markings.
- Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- You must know how and be able to load, ride and unload lifts safely.
- Do not use lifts or terrain when impaired by alcohol or drugs.
- If you are involved in a collision or incident, share your contact information with each other and a ski area employee.