An Update on Winter 2020/2021
Dear Snowbowl Family,
The unique challenges over the last five months (from the lift malfunction on the old Agassiz lift to a global pandemic and everything in between) have tested our resiliency, but they haven’t dampened our spirits. Never has our mission to give people the freedom to ski felt more important – more poignant – than right now.
Many have asked and I’m here to tell you: Snowbowl will be open this winter (our scheduled opening day is November 20, 2020) and your safety will remain our number one priority.
Will operations be different? Yes. We’ve implemented a number of procedures this summer that have been adopted as best practices within our collective of Power Pass resorts, and we’re eager to put them to work during the ski season. While we know things can and may change at any time, here is what we’re currently anticipating for this winter:
- We will continue to comply with all local, state and federal guidelines in operating our business.
- We will ask you to stay home if you are sick or feel symptomatic.
- We will require masks and face coverings.
- We will ask you to keep at least 6 feet of distance between you and others.
- Access to indoor spaces – such as restaurants, restrooms, etc. – will be limited. On busy days, we expect to limit indoor space and ask you to plan to be outside or consider going to your vehicle to warm up or eat.
- Lifts (including our new gondola) and lift lines will support physical distancing. Guests may ride lifts with family or traveling companions.
- We expect all purchases (including lift tickets, rentals, ski school and most food and beverage options) to be available online. Products will be available for purchase on our website later this fall – we encourage everyone to buy well in advance to secure your preferred date.
- We will monitor busy times closely and may limit access to Snowbowl during peak weekends and holidays. If this occurs, we will open our mountain on a first-come, first-serve basis and will communicate this on our website and social media.
- We understand you’re looking for safer ways to recreate and we will support that with discounted rates during weekdays and off-peak times. Our new My Weekday season pass starts at just $199 through October 9 and is perfect for those working or learning from home. Be on the lookout for discounted weekday lift tickets, too.
In the many ups and downs of this unique time, one thing has remained constant: your support. It has been and will continue to be critical to our shared success as we open this mountain for skiing and snowboarding and do our part to keep everyone healthy and safe.
With temperatures falling, the gondola construction forging ahead and the many improvements being made for an improved guest experience, all of us at Snowbowl – and me especially – cannot wait to welcome you back this winter. We will share more information with you in the coming weeks.