Here’s What to Expect For Opening Day
We’re counting down the final few days until the 2020/2021 season begins at Snowbowl, and our mountain teams have been hard at work blowing snow and getting the lifts ready in preparation for opening. We are so excited to welcome you back this winter, and though some things will look a bit different, some things – like having a great day on the slopes – will still be the same. Here’s a quick look at what to expect on opening day, November 20.
Opening Day Terrain
The Grand Canyon Express high-speed chairlift will be open from 9am to 4pm, accessing four intermediate trails (Midway Catwalk, Logjam, Wild Turkey, and Round Up) plus select terrain park features. As more terrain and lifts open, we’ll post updates on our Snow Report. Check this page daily for the latest updates, or follow @AZSBUpdates to receive notifications on your phone! The new Arizona Gondola is scheduled to open for the season in early December.
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
For the health and safety of all of our guests and employees, we’ve put in place new procedures this winter to make Snowbowl an enjoyable place to recreate for all.
- Masks are required for all guests and employees.
- All regular lift tickets must be purchased online. For season passholders only, free tickets (included with Power Pass purchases made before May 29) and 30% off full-rate buddy tickets may be redeemed at the ticket window.
- Passholders will not need to make reservations, but please note that all access to the mountain will be first come, first serve and managed on an ongoing basis at the bottom of Snowbowl Rd. Overall resort capacity will vary daily depending on factors including but not limited to weather, number of runs open, and percentage of guests on the slopes versus the base area. Please arrive early on peak days, and please keep in mind that you may experience long wait times at the bottom of the mountain as we approach capacity.
- Indoor capacity will be very limited this season. We encourage you to plan to be outside more this season, and order food to-go or take breaks at your vehicle.
- The AZ Grill will be open for walk-up orders and Hart Prairie Lodge will be open for dine-in and to-go orders through our online ordering system.
- For more information on our 2020/2021 season safety guidelines and precautions click the button below:
Thanks for doing your part to make Snowbowl a safe and fun place to ski and snowboard this winter. We’re looking forward to seeing you back on the mountain soon.