- This event has passed.
Safety on the Slopes
December 10, 2022 @ 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
Do you know your Skier Responsibility Code?
Stop by the safety tent on December 10th from 9 AM – 12:30 PM at the Hart Prairie Lodge to show your knowledge of safety when on the mountain. Recite the Skier Responsibility Code and get a chance to spin the wheel and win a prize!
Want the chance to win cool gear this season? Ride the lift with your bar down and collect tickets to enter a daily drawing for a pair of Spy goggles, Zeal goggles, or snowboard bindings or use your tickets to enter the monthly grand prize!
Giveaway drawing will take place at 12:30 PM on December 10, 2022 at the safety tent in front of Hart Prairie Lodge. Must be present to win daily prize.
December grand prize: snowboard from Collective Supply Co!
January grand prize: pair of skis!
Participants do not need to be present for grand prize drawing, winner will be emailed. Grand prize drawings will take place on December 31, 2022 and January 28, 2023.
Complimentary hot chocolate and a sunscreen station will be available. See you there!
Skier Responsibility Code
Know your ability level and stay within it. Observe Your Responsibility Code listed below and share with others on the slopes the responsibility for a great snowsports experience:
- Always stay in control. You must be able to stop or avoid people or objects.
- People ahead or downhill of you have the right-of-way. You must avoid them.
- Stop only where you are visible from above and do not restrict traffic.
- Look uphill and avoid others before starting downhill or entering a trail.
- You must prevent runaway equipment.
- Read and obey all signs, warnings, and hazard markings.
- Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- You must know how and be able to load, ride and unload lifts safely. If you need assistance, ask the lift attendant.
- Do not use lifts or terrain when impaired by alcohol or drugs.
- If you are involved in a collision or incident, share your contact information with each other and a ski area employee.
Winter sports involve risk of serious injury or death. Your knowledge, decisions and actions contribute to your safety and that of others.