Welcome to Summer! Here’s What to Expect
Summer is here and we can’t wait to welcome you back to the mountain! Starting June 19, we’re open daily from 10am-4pm for scenic chairlift rides on the Grand Canyon Express.
With average temperatures in the low 70s and plenty of space for social distancing, Snowbowl’s unique location allows you to experience the beauty of Northern Arizona from a higher perspective. Take in the panoramic views of San Francisco volcanic field and try and spot the red rocks of Sedona or the North Rim of the Grand Canyon as you soar to 10,800 feet in elevation. Whether you’re looking to escape the heat of the valley or just looking for something fun to do outside the house, you’ll enjoy the summer alpine experience at Snowbowl.
Here are some helpful tips to know before you arrive:
- In order to reduce contact between guests and staff, tickets must be purchased online. Buy Tickets
- NEW! To help manage capacity, we’re now offering two sessions daily (morning 10am-12pm & afternoon 12pm-4pm). Save 20% on scenic chairlift tickets when you purchase a morning session!
- Masks are now required at Snowbowl in accordance with the Coconino County proclamation. Please wear a face-covering, such as a mask, buff, or kerchief when indoors, or in public outdoor areas when you are unable to maintain a 6 feet distance. All employees will be wearing face masks.
- Bring sunscreen! UV rays are much more intense at high altitude, and it takes less time to get a sunburn.
- We recommend packing layers as the temperatures at the summit can be much cooler than at the base area.
- Have a camera ready to snap pictures of the incredible views!
- See our additional recommendations and precautions to help keep you safe
After your scenic chairlift ride, be sure to grab a sandwich or snack from our Trail’s End food truck at the base area and enjoy outdoor dining on the Hart Prairie deck. If you forgot something at home or just want to grab a souvenir, our on-site retail shop carries sunscreen, hats, and a selection of outdoor apparel and gear. Once you’re finished with your day at the resort, check out some of the trails surrounding Snowbowl or simply enjoy the scenic drive on your way down the mountain.
Please see below for a list of frequently asked questions, and feel free to reach out to us on Facebook, Instagram or [email protected] with any additional questions. We’re excited to welcome you back this summer and we’ll see you on the mountain soon!BUY TICKETS
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I enter the resort to buy food/drinks or shop the retail store?
Can I get off and hike at the top of the lift?
Will there be disc golf this summer?
Is there mountain biking at Snowbowl?
Can I use my 2020/2021 season pass to ride the chairlift?