Welcome to Summer at Snowbowl
Blue skies, cool temperatures, and views for days. When you’re standing at the top of Arizona, everything just feels a bit more immersive. At Snowbowl, experience a brand new perspective of the Grand Canyon State from 11,500 ft. on the all-new Arizona Gondola, and soak up the mountain atmosphere at the base area with full-service dining at Agassiz Restaurant and family-friendly summer activities. Located less than 30 minutes from Downtown Flagstaff with easy access to some of the best hiking trails in Arizona, discover adventures big and small whether you’re staying for a while or just passing through.
Snowbowl is open Friday through Sunday in September, and daily starting October 1. See hours of operation here. All tickets must be purchased online.
Special sunset gondola rides are offered from 5pm to sunset on Labor Day weekend (September 3 to 5).
Here are some helpful tips to know before you arrive:
- All tickets must be purchased online. For the biggest savings on gondola rides, we recommend buying tickets as far in advance as possible. Scenic rides are offered in multiple sessions each day, and you’ll save even more when you choose an early session. Buy Tickets
- Our summer base area looks different than in winter. Learn more about where to go and park when you arrive.
- Bring sunscreen and pack an extra layer! UV rays are much more intense at high altitude, and it takes less time to get a sunburn. At 9,500′ to 11,500′ above sea level, temperatures can be much lower and weather can change much faster than in Flagstaff. See the San Francisco Peaks weather forecast here.
- With the CDC’s new mask guidance, we’re looking forward to a measured return to normal. Learn more about our summer safety guidelines here.
Looking for lodging?
Introducing a brand new lodging experience, nestled under the Ponderosa pines at the base of Snowbowl Road: Basecamp at Snowbowl. Bookings are now open for rooms and cabins.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much are tickets?
Scenic gondola ticket prices for ages 13+ vary per day and session. The further in advance you buy and the earlier the session that you choose, the more you save!
For children ages 4-12, scenic gondola tickets are $15 each day. For children ages 3 and under, scenic gondola tickets are free!
For summer activities, pricing is as follows:
- One activity (your choice of bungee trampoline or summer tubing): $15
- Two activities (bungee trampoline plus summer tubing): $25
- Treasure panning: $10 (not available online – purchase at the ticket window)
How long is the gondola ride?
Can I ride on a chair instead of a cabin?
Can I get off at the top of the Arizona Gondola?
Learn more about interpretive ranger programs here