Kids Lessons Important Information
- Upon arrival, your child must have goggles or sunglasses, waterproof gloves or mittens (mittens are preferable for younger children), waterproof pants and jacket, and calf-high socks.
- Please label all belongings, including jackets, gloves, goggles, and walking shoes.
- Lesson groups will be formed based on ability and age group.
- Sick and contagious children will not be admitted.
- To ensure your space, you must arrive at the designated times, or you may miss your lesson and your reservation will be released to the next child on the wait list.
- All programs include a 2-hour or 4-hour lesson. A supervised lunch is included with the 4-hour program. Please inform the Ski and Ride School of special dietary needs when making your child’s reservation.
- Rental equipment (skis, snowboards, boots and helmets) for children enrolled in SkiWee/MiniRider program are available for an additional charge and will be issued at the Children’s Center not in the Rental department.
Lesson Times (Ages 4-7)
- Morning registration is from 8:30 – 9 a.m. on weekdays and 8-9 a.m. on weekends and holidays.
- You must be at the Ski & Ride School no later than 9 a.m., or your reservation will be released to the next child on the wait list. When available, afternoon registration is from 12 – 12:30 p.m.
It is highly recommended that parents remain on Snowbowl property for the duration of their child’s lesson, in the event of an emergency or illness.
- Eating a healthy breakfast, being rested and hydrated will help lead to an enjoyable experience while at the resort, for both you and your child.
- Keep a few nut free snacks in their pocket to keep your child’s energy level high while in their lesson.
- Skiers and riders will need waterproof jackets, waterproof pants and waterproof gloves (mittens are preferable for younger children), goggles or sunglasses with UV protection, and sunscreen of at least SPF 15.
- Please label each article of clothing or gear sent with your child. We Arizona Snowbowl employees are not responsible for any lost articles of clothing or gear.
Say goodbye for the day:
- Please inform your child/children that they will be away from you the duration of their lesson.
- We recommend that you say your goodbyes quickly at check-in and let the staff work their magic. Children tend to transition much faster once parents are out of sight, both in the center and on the slopes.
- We encourage parents to watch all lessons from a distance. Please don’t call out or distract your child while they are in their lesson.
Here are our tips for comfort and safety:
- Dress in layers so you can remove jackets under layers and sweaters if you feel warm.
- Wear water-resistant clothes to stay warm and dry. We do not recommend wearing cotton outerwear, including jeans.
- Wear only one pair of calf- high socks, preferably those made from wool or another water-resistant material.
- Arizona Snowbowl’s high elevation amplifies the impact of the sun. Be sure to wear sunscreen and lip balm with sun protection, and bring a pair of sunglasses or ski goggles, which will also help reduce the glare from the snow. You may also want to consider wearing a hat or helmet.