Agassiz Lift Update 1/29

Dear Snowbowl guests and family,
 
A quick update on the Agassiz lift: the lift manufacturer sent a team to Arizona Snowbowl on Monday to help us diagnose the problem with the lift. We are working to determine replacement parts and timelines for fixing Agassiz. Frankly, it’s not an easy process, although we continue to remain optimistic that Agassiz will operate again, and soon. Since the lift closed just over a week ago, we’ve been saying that the solution is one to two weeks away, and we believe we’re still a few weeks from an opening date. We have every intention to keep you updated as we know more. 
 
Our priority remains our guest and employee safety, and we will not operate the lift until the mechanical issue has been resolved. 
 
In the meantime, we hope you enjoy the 5″ of snow we received earlier this week (see the photos) and the nearly 80% of the mountain that remains open! OpenSnow is also forecasting up to 5″ today, too. I also want to personally thank everyone who joined us this last weekend, and especially during our Community Benefit Day on Sunday. We raised $12,500 for the National Forest Foundation, and those dollars will go directly to improve our local forest. 
 
Thank you again for your patience. We will continue to keep you updated through this blog and our snow report.
 
Respectfully,
 
Rob Linde, General Manager